At long last a Better Minimap, the default one is absolute dunk right? If it’s not too much trouble, let me know whether you discover bugs or on the other hand in the event that you have ideas!
Creator: WillyJL – DemonRed
Better Minimap for Cyberpunk 2077
|CP77Tools (Simply download and extract anywhere)||This is expected to repack the new game record into a usable configuration.|
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution permission
- Other client’s resources: All the resources in this document have a place with the creator, or are from allowed-to-utilize modder’s assets.
- Transfer consent: You are not permitted to transfer this mod to different destinations under any conditions.
- Alteration consent: You should get authorization from me before you are permitted to change my records to further develop it.
- Change authorization: You are not permitted to change this mod over to chip away at different games under any conditions.
- Resource use consent: You should get authorization from me before you are permitted to utilize any of the resources in this document.
- Resource use consent in mods/documents that are being sold: You are not permitted to utilize resources from this mod in any mods/documents that are being sold, for cash, on Steam Workshop or different stages.
- Resource use consent in mods/documents that procure gift focuses: You are not permitted to acquire Donation Points for your mods on the off chance that they utilize my resources.
This creator has not given any extra notes with respect to mod authorizations.
Full credits for the template to make this go to DemonRed#7944 on Discord, check the “How I made this” and the file in the misc section for more info.
Huge thanks to DemonRed, SilverEzredez, rfuzzo, Spicy, Crazy Potato, yamashi, Zer0Bytes, alphaZomega, WhySoSerious?, gibbed, Expired, BroerJelle, MaximiliumM, GreenHouse!, Architect and all the other wonderful people in this beautiful community for the help and tools!
Removed the DistanceFix. It’s now optional, try it and remove it if you have issues (engine\config\platform\pc)
Fix for 1.2 patch, Added DistanceFix
Fix for future CP77Tools versions
Fixed sizing values for “Bigger Minimap” option, now also removes compass. No need to update if you don’t use “Bigger Minimap”
Added on-foot zoom, bug fixes
Fixed all known installer issues + crash issues and made some little details better / easier
Added the GUI Installer, improved the bigger minimap option
Added Transparent and Compass Only options
Vortex support for standalone presets
Fixed zoom on foot in some occasions, Added Ultra zoom preset, Added zoom only options
– Bigger Minimap
– Transparent Minimap
– No Minimap Border
– Compass Only Mode
Zoom out options
Most zoomed-in => Most zoomed out:
- Slight Zoom Out
- Medium Zoom Out
- Big Zoom Out
- Ultra Zoom Out
These are ALL more zoomed OUT than the original minimap!
- Download and run the installer (you need to have CP77Tools downloaded)
- Select the options you want
- And hit install!
- After that just follow what you’re asked to do
***Do not put the installer inside the game folder!
6.1: Removed the DistanceFix. It’s now optional, try it and remove it if you have issues (engine\config\platform\pc)
6.0: Fix for 1.2 patch, Added DistanceFix
5.0: Added On Foot zoom
Includes binaries (.exe) and source (.py)
INI fix for minimap not stacking roads far away. Can either fix the issue or cause many stammers/surface stacking issues. I recommend you attempt this and eliminate it in the event that you have a bigger number of issues than benefits from it.
|📂 Slight Better Minimap:|
Custom – Slight
Transparent – Slight
Zoom Only – Slight
|📂 Medium Better Minimap:|
Custom – Medium
Transparent – Medium
Zoom Only – Medium
|📂 Big Better Minimap:|
Custom – Big
Transparent – Big
Zoom Only – Big
|📂 Ultra Better Minimap:|
Custom – Ultra
Transparent – Ultra
Zoom Only – Ultra
Assuming you don’t like for installers and are an exhausting individual, I actually left the more seasoned presets up for download (Vortex compatible):
- Either get the Vortex preset installer (made by BigBizkit) or download the single presets with Vortex / manually.
- Simply extract the zip
- Drag the archive folder inside your Cyberpunk 2077 game folder.
This Vortex installer will allow you to pick between the presets, assuming you need to choose your own choices utilize the other installer.
Preset naming scheme:
- Custom: bigger, no border, zoom
- Transparent: transparent background, zoom
- Zoom Only: zoom
- Compass Only: no minimap, just compass
Patch 1.12 or earlier
If you are on game patch 1.12 or earlier you will need to rename archive\pc\mod to archive\pc\patch and add “basegame_” in from of the .archive’s name
Join us over at Discord for live research and mod progress! If you want to help out by all means and if you’re interested in modding CP77, we’ll help when we can — Cyberpunk 2077 Discord Server
IF YOU ARE A DEV / WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN VERSION OF THIS Valid up to game patch 1.12
1. Extract the file from the game using CP2077Tools:
archive -e -p “path\to\your\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_4_gamedata.archive” -w *minimap.inkwidget
2. Open it with 010 Editor and apply the minimap.inkwidget template (credits to DemonRed#7944 on Discord) that you can find in the misc files:
3. Edit your values and then save:
From creator’s testing this is what gathered about the width / height options:
|1 = Icon overlay scaling|
2 = Minimap content scaling
3 = Border size
4 = Wanted stars and combat border overlays scaling
5 = Solid background size
Maybe5 = In Game time relative position
4. Repack the file using CP2077Tools: pack -p “path\to\your\folder”
Keep in mind that inside that folder the folder structure needs to be the same as it was originally in the game base\gameplay\gui\widgets\minimap