Climates Of Tamriel is Skyrim’s most comprehensive weather and lighting overhaul.
Climates Of Tamriel
Other than the base game, this mod has no known dependencies.
Mods requiring this file
|KATANA ENB for NLA – NLVA – Climates of Tamriel||CoT version 5 only for KATANA ENB for CoT|
|NORTHERN ENB||To get the same look as I have|
|Patch for Skylight ENB’s Weather Patch and Extended Patches’ Water Patch||Always required. Needs version 3.1|
|RC ENB||You need to install this before using this ENB|
|ReaLight ENB||need v3.1|
|SUPER24||To get the same look as I have|
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Instructions from the author
Credits should be filed.
In this file, the author has not given credit to anyone else.
- Darker dungeons and naturally lit interiors have been added,
- Have three levels of night brightness.
- A fix for bright grass and trees in overcast weather was attempted.
- Some loading screen models appeared upside down.
As someone who suffers from depression, anxiety, insomnia, and tinnitus, I understand how debilitating mental health problems can be. Mental health awareness is still a battle for sufferers, as well as their friends and families. Because of my issues, particularly my tinnitus, I’ve been studying sound therapy for several years as a way to alleviate my suffering. I recently decided to start a YouTube channel called ‘Meditation Road – Sound Therapy’ in order to share some of the knowledge I’ve gained in the hope that it will help others.
- It replaces all of the vanilla game’s weather and lighting with its own distinct and beautiful style. It adds hundreds of weather variations, including sunny, cloudy, overcast, stormy, snowy blizzards, and foggy days, as well as spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
- It also includes effects like real sheet and fork lightning, which creates truly violent thunderstorms, as well as volumetric fog. It includes new thunder sounds as well as interior rain sounds that can be customized via the in-game menu.
- Climates of Tamriel includes optional modules for darker nights, more atmospheric interiors, and darker dungeons.
- Skyrim’s weather and lighting systems have been completely overhauled.
- There are numerous beautiful and atmospheric weather variations.
- Sunny, cloudy, overcast, snow, blizzards, foggy, rainy, and stormy conditions
- All cloud textures have been replaced.
- Sunsets and sunrises that are out of this world
- Night lighting has been improved.
- Night lighting is affected by auroras.
- New lens flare system with multiple lenses
- New thunderclaps
- Sounds of the interior weather
- X3 Night plugins that allow you to fine-tune your nighttime darkness
- x2 Interior plugins that enhance the atmosphere of taverns and interior buildings (warm or cold)
- x2 Dungeon plugins for making those dark places even darker, atmospheric, and creepy.
- Performance, stability, and FPS compatibility.
- Climates of Tamriel is incompatible with other mods that add similar functionality.
- Other rain/snow/fog mods may work with or without patches applied after COT.
(Check with the mod authors; if it’s compatible, it’s not up to COT to make it compatible, unless I make a patch for some reason.)
|📥 Climates Of Tamriel – Winter Edition||Brings winter to the whole of Skyrim|
- Why is this consuming my frame rate?
It shouldn’t unless you have an extremely old machine at this point.
- Is it safe to uninstall this?
Yes, just go into a house and “fw 81a” save, then uninstall before installing another weather/lighting mod.
- Why am I unable to see the rain?
There could be a mod conflict with another rain mod, in which case I would uninstall it first, then install CoT and run “fw 1044831” to test rain in game.
Even if you don’t have any other rain mods installed, I would redownload the latest version of CoT and run “fw 1044831” before commenting to ensure the file didn’t become corrupt for some reason.
- Obviously JJ Creator of COT
- TESEdit Team (and their lil hidden readme file :p)
- Nifscope Team
- All those that have supported JJ and CoT with donations and encouragement over the years
- (they know who they are)
- Bethesda and Zenimax Media
Read the permissions / changelog for more information. Beside that, if you are interested in Minecraft Java Edition gameplay, there is a Tamriel the Elder Scrolls Map in Minecraft for you to discover!
If you are finding more Skyrim mods, you also can check out one of these: