Allows other modifications to exclude NPCs from specific missions and events, particularly ones that choose NPCs at random.
Custom NPC Exclusions
|SMAPI – Stardew Modding API||Also available at https://smapi.io/|
Mods requiring this file
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: You may upload this file to other websites, but you must credit me as the file’s creator.
- Permission to modify: You may alter my files and provide bug patches or enhancements as long as you acknowledge me as the original inventor.
- Permission to convert: You are free to convert this file to work with other games as long as you credit me as the file’s developer.
- Permission to utilize an asset: You may use the materials in this file without asking permission as long as you credit me.
- Asset use authorization in purchased mods/files: The components in this file may be used in mods/files that are sold for money on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to utilize assets in mods/files that earn donation points: If your modifications use my materials, you may earn Donation Points for them.
Refer to the “LICENSE” file on this project’s GitHub for copyright information.
This author has not credited anyone else in this file
- Version 1.4.0
- * Calendar: Excludes the NPC’s birthday from being displayed on calendars
- * Fixes a freezing error that could happen if custom NPCs don’t have dialogue assets
- ** NPCs without a Characters/Dialogue/<NPC name> asset are now automatically excluded from island resort visits (checked during a SMAPI DayStarted event)
- Designed for Stardew Valley v1.5.6.
- Version 1.3.0
- * Adds the “MovieInvite” setting to exclude NPCs from being invited to the movie theater
- ** Trying to invite an excluded NPC will display text from the `Strings/Characters` asset. The key “MovieInvite_CantInvite_NPCName” will be used if available; if not, “MovieInvite_CantInvite” will be used instead.
- * Adds the “Greet” and “BeGreeted” settings to exclude NPCs from saying “hello” to other NPCs while traveling
- * Fixes an issue where the “PerfectFriend” setting accidentally edited `Data/NPCDispositions`, which hid NPCs from the social menu and caused other odd behavior
- ** Reported and diagnosed by SwiftSails
- * Fixes an issue where “IslandVisit” saw incorrect data when Content Patcher conditions are used, which caused blank NPC schedules or mistimed island visits
- Designed for Stardew Valley v1.5.4.
- Version 1.2.0
- * Adds a setting to exclude NPCs from the “perfection score” maximum friendship check
- ** Requested by Corrin, tested by Corrin and Gervig91
- * Fixes a formatting error that was preventing SMAPI’s update checks for this mod
- Designed for Stardew Valley v1.5.2.
- Version 1.1.0
- * Adds the “IslandVisit” exclusion for NPC content added in SDV v1.5.0
- Designed for Stardew Valley v1.5.0.
- Version 1.0.0
- Initial release version.
- Designed for Stardew Valley v1.4.5.
Custom NPC Exclusions allows other mods to exclude NPCs from certain quests and events, especially those that randomly select NPCs. This can be useful for story or compatibility reasons, e.g. to prevent custom NPCs outside Pelican Town posting delivery quests, saying they purchased items from the local stores, etc.
- Install the latest version of SMAPI.
- Download Custom NPC Exclusions from the Files tab, the Releases page on GitHub, or ModDrop.
- Unzip Custom NPC Exclusions into the Stardew Valley/Mods folder.
|?(CP) Exclusion Example Pack||An example pack for Content Patcher that excludes some vanilla NPCs from events and quests. Requires Content Patcher.|
*** Designed for testing purposes, not for general use! ***
Mods that use Custom NPC Exclusions should now work correctly. For information about creating mods, see the GitHub readme.
It is recommended that all players install this mod for multiplayer sessions. There are no known issues directly related to this mod, but NPC-related mods can cause unexpected errors if mismatched.
This mod was commissioned by FlashShifter for use with Stardew Valley Expanded‘s custom NPCs!