Add a wheel menu to quickly use/equip your consumables (chems, food, etc…), grenades, mines, or whatever you want. All menu sections can be customized. When the menu is opened, time slows (but does not pause!). Forget about opening an ugly pipboy to change grenades or check what you’ve previously equipped.
FO4 Wheel Menu
|DEF_UI||Mod is using icons from DEF_UI iconlibs2.swf|
|Mod Configuration Menu||Required to set menu hotkey and other params|
Mods requiring this file:
|Controller Controls with Mod Support||Depends on Version|
|Fallout 4 Wheel Menu – Old FallUI Item Sorter (FIS1) Config-XML|
|Fallout 4 Wheel Menu – Spanish|
|Fallout 4 Wheel Menu – Traduzione Italiana ORD|
|FO4 Wheel Menu – FallUI Item Sorter Config – Spanish|
|Hailey-a stealth save game|
|Simplified Sorting Patch for Wheel Menu (Outdated See Description)|
|Wheel Menu – FallUIified|
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: You may upload this file to other websites, but you must credit me as the file’s creator.
- Permission to modify: You may modify my files and release bug fixes or enhancements without seeking permission or credit from me.
- Permission to convert: You are free to convert this Wheel Menu file to work with other games as long as you credit me as the file’s creator.
- Permission to use an asset: You may use the assets in this Wheel Menu file without asking permission or crediting me.
- Asset use permission in purchased mods/files: The assets in this Wheel Menu file may be used in mods/files that are sold for money on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to use assets in mods/files that earn donation points: If your mods use my assets, you can earn Donation Points for them.
- Console modding privileges: This mod will not be available for console users on Bethesda.net.
Notes from the Author
You may upload, modify, sell, or discard any code or assets used in this Wheel Menu mod. There’s no need for permission. Original credit is not required.
This author has not credited anyone else in this Wheel Menu file
- Bugfix: Disable menu control while in menu mode (console/inventory) or in console
- Bugfix: Disable menu when player died (may not work with mods which introduces alternative death mode)
- Bugfix: Disable menu when player is in dialogue
- Feature: Add toggle to disable default gamepad binding (requires save/game reload)
- Feature: Remove empty top section from the menu
- Feature: Additional keyboard navigation
- Feature: Gamepad support (beta)
- Bugfix: Don’t stand up from the crouching when menu is opened
- Bugfix/Feature: Re-enable player movement while menu is opened (ugly momentum transition otherwise, hides other UI and messages)
- Feature: Scrolling support in the item list, max items restriction was removed
- Feature: Quick scroll/keyboard navigation inside of the item list
- Feature: Allow to configure wheel menu radius (see conf.xml)
- Bugfix: Items don’t appear due to broken property names casing by F4SE
- Feature: Adjusted time slow effect magnitudes
- Feature/Bugfix: Disable user controls (e.g. change camera mode, jump, etc…) when menu is opened
- Feature: Adjusted horizon preset
- Bugfix: Menu offset options don’t work in specific conditions (for me it’s when have installed sim settlements + hudframework)
- Feature/Bugfix: Better blend with game colors, improve menu coloring
- Bugfix: General “Ingestible” category doesn’t work and always empty (vanilla preset only)
- Feature: Adjusted horizon preset
- Feature: Allow to “pin” submenu by clicking on it. Pinned submenu won’t be changed until unpin it. Useful for bottom/top menus to prevent to change them when moving mouse to item list.
- Bugfix: Not displaying items with second pair of braces, like “(Aid) Combat stimpack (2 Uses)”
- Bugfix: Order of items in list container is different than in pipboy invertory
- Feature: Add Horizon preset
- Bugfix: Prevent game saving while in the menu
- Bugfix: Categories pattern were not applied
- Bugfix: MCM Hotkey doesn’t work
- Feature: Add Menu Scaling, Menu offset options to MCM
- Feature: Option to not close the menu after using the item. Set closeOnUse=”false” for the in the conf.xml. Use this option for food menu in included presets
- Feature: Add MCM options to control slow time behavior when opening menu
- Feature: Add FOMOD installer
- Feature: Add Vanilla and Valdacil’s item sorting presets
- Bugfix: Unable to use jet-like chems (with slow time effect) in the menu
See Interface/WHEEL_MENU/conf.xml . This file should be self-explained to modify. To leverage tag patterns, you must have sorting mod installed. Otherwise use category pattern to perform default menu sorting based on item keywords.
- E – Use/equip current highlighted item in the list
- Up/Down keys – select prev/next item in the list
- Left/Right – select next/previous menu (left counterclockwise, right clockwise)
- Mouse wheel inside item list – scroll
- Mouse wheel outside of item list – select next/prev item (similar to quick loot menu)
- D-Pad (left) down – Open Menu
- B (O) – close menu
- left stick left/right or d-pad left/right – switch menu
- left stick up/down or d-pad up/down – select next/prev item
- A (X) – use/equip item
- Install Wheel Menu via mod manager/manually
1.a) If installing manually copy one of the presets from presets/ directory to Interface/WHEEL_MENU/conf.xml
- Open MCM, configure hotkey for menu
- Press hotkey to open/close the menu (Or press d-pad down on gamepad)
Non vanilla presets (horizon, valdacil’s, etc…) are for English version of game. If your sorting mod translates sorting tags, e.g. (Aid) Stimpak -> (Ayuda) Stimpak or (Помощь) Стимпак (or to whatever name it changes), you must edit conf.xml and change values according your translated names. Possible exception – Horizon preset due to unique symbols only (like (+)) names
Read more: Top 30 Best Fallout 4 Mods
Q: Mod is being displayed in MCM, i was able to set hotkey, but on keypress nothing happens
A: Common source of this problem – you have wrong/incomplete installation of F4SE. Reinstall F4SE. Data directory from F4SE archive MUST be copied to your game directory, this is not optional. Also make sure you’re running game through f4se_loader.exe
Q: Still doesn’t work after reinstalling/confirming proper installation of F4SE
A: Make sure you’ve enabled files invalidation as explained in the first section here
Q: Mod doesn’t work
A: Fix your modlist and don’t bother me unless you have evidence it doesn’t work on vanilla new game with only mod dependencies installed. Words like “doesn’t work” are helpless, so save your and my time, please.
Q: I want to switch the weapons from the menu!
A: Weapons are not displayed by default in the menu for all presets (except vanilla) due to various problems and technical limitations. However you can enable basic support, add to Interface/WHEEL_MENU/conf.xml:
<menu icon=”w_rifle” name=”Weapons” type=”right”>
<pattern kind=”category” value=”RangedWeapons” />
<pattern kind=”category” value=”MeleeWeapons” />
If you enable them, you’ll encounter following problems with weapons:
1) Only basic weapon names will be displayed, ignoring sorting name (and icon) and without taking account the installed weapon mods
2) If you have 2 or more instances of the same weapon, but with different installed weapon mods, they’ll be still displayed as one weapon entry in the menu
2.1) Equipping such weapon will equip randomly weapon from the available weapon instances.
- Left and right menu sections are independent of each other. For example you can have 5 left sections and only 2 right sections.
- The number of sections is not restricted, but i wouldn’t add more than 5-6 per pane due to icon clipping.
- Menu is best optimized for white UI color (r/g/b: 255/255/255) and i recommend to use it, but should work with any game color. If text is not very readable in your preferred color, try to increase menu scaling.
Source code located at https://github.com/asvetliakov/Fallout4WheelMenu
Still looking for more Fallout 4 mods ? Check out these ones below: