While modifying a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 is fascinating, there’s a danger it’ll destroy your game – or, worse, Rockstar may decide to prevent you from utilizing specific features (if not the game itself). The following is a step-by-step instruction for installing modifications in Red Dead Redemption 2 without causing game corruption or bans.
In this article, you will find the way how to mod Red Dead Redemption 2 without it breaking the story mode experience.
1. How to mod Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC
There are fairly easy ways to install RDR2 mods, but be wary of crashes and slowness. This is not a common problem, however certain modifications’ files do not work properly. There’s nothing to worry about; just delete the modifications files to restore the game’s previous performance. To install modifications, go to the folder where RDR2 mods is located.
Look for Game Files in the installation directory. Make a copy of the existing files and preserve them someplace safe. If the modifications files are causing the problem, you may remove and reinstall the original RDR2 game files. Simply copy-paste the mod file into this folder, and you’re ready to play the game and test the mod.
To modify the game in the desired manner, some modifications will overwrite essential game files. BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS, ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR GAME FILES. If you need to uninstall a mod, just delete the problematic files and transfer the originals back into the game’s install folder.
- Locate the root game folder. This file path is often something like: [DRIVE]: > [Installation Directory] > [Game Files].
- Before installing any modifications, make a backup of your game file. To keep the primary save file secure, copy and paste it somewhere else.
- Insert the required mod file.
2. How to mod Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4
Rockstar has concerns with individuals altering their games and uploading modifications to the internet. If you are capable of making modifications, they should only be for single player (no internet) games. Sony is also not very good at allowing users to alter games. But, hey, if you don’t mind the repercussions, go ahead and try.
Step-by-step instructions for PS4:
- Download and install the most recent patch on the console
- Next, go to some Mods page to begin viewing mods for PS4
- A drop-down box above the mod thumbnails in the upper-right corner allows you to filter the modifications depending on console or PC compatibility. Begin browsing by selecting your favourite platform.
- While exploring modifications, click “Add to Library” to save the mod and add it to your console-linked account.
- Load your console copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 and go to the Modifications main menu option to see the complete list of mods that have been added to your library.
- Simply load your most recent game and play with the modifications you’ve chosen enabled.
3. How to mod Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox One
RDR2 mods are content changes produced by gamers to assist them expand their gaming experiences. Mods may be entertaining, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- You mod at your own risk; your Windows 10 device’s stability and security may be jeopardized.
- Disabling modifications in a game (i.e. entirely disabling them) necessitates uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
- It is possible that achievements and other Xbox Live services may be unavailable.
- The RDR2 mods developer may get access to your Xbox Live and device data. Your personal information may potentially be compromised.
- Future game updates may not be compatible with the modifications that have been loaded.
- It is possible that accessibility features will not function correctly.
- RDR2 mods material is not rated by the ESRB or other boards and may not be suitable for all ages.
- Microsoft does not own, run, or test mods. Microsoft is not liable for game modifications or the activities of mods installed on your device.
First, you have to enable mods on Xbox One
How to enable mods on Xbox One ?
To discover whether a game allows modifications, open the Xbox app on your Windows 10 device, go to the game’s information page, and then search for the word “mods.” Mods are supported in this game.
Once you’ve found a game that allows mods, install it and proceed as follows:
- Start the Xbox app, then go to the game’s information page.
- Press the More button…, choose Enable modifications, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
After you’ve done this, the game’s folder will be open for modifying.
How to access the mods folder ?
When you allow modifications, you may access the mods folder. Mods you download must be placed in this folder in order to function with your game. Mods may also be removed from the folder (in some cases, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game to remove individual mods).
To go to the modifications folder, do the following:
- Start the Xbox app, then go to the game’s information page.
- Pressing the More button then select Open mods folder.
Each game has its own modifications folder that you may access by enabling it. Mods will not function with your game if they are placed in the incorrect folder.
15 Best RDR2 Mods in 2022
1. Rampage Trainer
Come to Rampage Trainer – a mod Red Dead Redemption 2 single-player trainer for Story Mode! You can see a lot of useful and special features in this mod. Let start exploring!
2. RDR2 Native Trainer
RDR2 Native Trainer is a trainer that allows you to use the game with more functions, such as immortality, spawning of vehicles and weapons, changing the skin of the player, turning into an animal, cheating for money, time and weather management, and much more.
3. Intro Completed Save File
This Intro Completed Save File is the save from immediately following the intro. Which you may want to skip if you’ve already played it on console.
4. Script Hook RDR2
Everyone who has more than 5 mods in the LML folder and uses ASI script modifications should think about why the game crashes; one of the reasons could be an incompatible version of the ASI script mods; for me, the second option was the cause of the crash. What steps must be taken to resolve the issue?
5. RDR2 optimized settings for 2 Gb graphics cards
This RDR2 optimized settings mod miscellaneous mod allows you to experiment with higher quality textures such as Medium/High/Ultra. Plus, optimized fast settings for graphics cards with 3-8 GB of RAM.
6. RDR2 Save Editor
RDR2 Save Editor is the free newfangled and upgraded save editor for the marvelous game Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2.
7. Basic Needs Final Cut
This Basic Needs Final Cut mod adds thirst, hunger, urination, exhaustion, and equipment weight mechanics, as well as a slew of new features!
8. Ped Damage Overhaul
Ped Damage Overhaul mod make the fight and violence interactions in Red Dead Redemption 2 become more diverse, livid, and interesting in their own way. It makes the NPCs behave get shot like stumbling and falling when running with a hurt leg, squirming on the ground when injured, lying moaning in pools of their own blood, and much more.
9. RDR2 Mods Manager
RDR2 Mods Manager is directly ported here. This allowed me to save weeks off of my development time. I’m going to tidy up the code and add/remove functionality over the following several weeks. Please let me know if you find any issues, and I’ll fix them as soon as I can.
10. RDR2 mods RX 580 settings
RDR2 RX 580 settings is graphics settings for anyone who has a graphics card RX 580 or something equal to it. Creator made those settings to look awesome but also bring a good performance so you can enjoy the game as much as you can.
11. No Forced Scope RDR2 Mod
No Forced Scope RDR2 enables Sniper Rifles to peer down sights. Do you adore the Carcano or Rolling Block rifles yet disdain that you can just utilize them as marksmen and can’t utilize them as normal rifles? Well in the event that you do, this mod is intended for you.
12. Zolika1351 Trainer
A simple native trainer RDR2 mods that brings a GTA IV style. Zolika1351 Trainer includes most of the usual options and even adds a few new ones such as calling natives directly.
13. Hunting Wagon RDR2 mod
Hunting Wagon RDR2 allows pelts and hunted animals to be stored on the back of a hunting wagon. The hunting wagon will spawn at your camp, and you may find it with the map or radar.
14. Gunsmith Business
The Gunsmith Business lets you to purchase one of the gunsmiths in RDR2 and experience all of the benefits that come with having your own location! Do supply trips, fight off robbers, keep an eye on your reputation, manage the pricing and paychecks, or just leave the business alone and return to collect the cash! All of this, and much more, is attainable in the gunsmithing industry!
15. Better RDR2 Character Names
With this Better Character Names mod, you may relive the joy of discovering NEW and UNIQUE individuals throughout the whole area. Each PED model’s name has been altered from STRANGER to a more realistic one depending on their title, look, and vocation, while remaining faithful to the LORE.
Hope you can find the exact instruct informations through this post!
Search for more MODDING GUIDE and GAMING NEWS