Let There Be Flight allows for a customizable flight system for all vehicles, complete with unique thruster models, visual and sound effects, and animations.
Creator: Jack Humbert
Let There Be Flight
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this Let There Be Flight file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances may you upload this material to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my files in order to enhance them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this Let There Be Flight file for use in other games.
- Permission to utilize an asset: You must obtain my permission before using any of the materials in this Let There Be Flight file.
- Asset use authorization in purchased mods/files: This file’s assets may not be used in any modifications or files that are sold for money on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to utilize assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your modifications if they use my materials.
Notes from the Author
This author has made no further remarks about file permissions.
This author has not credited anyone else in this Let There Be Flight file
- Version 0.1.11
- Fixes quickhacks
- Version 0.1.10
- Updated for 1.61hf1
- Version 0.1.9
- Updates for 1.61
- Adds Spanish Translation
- Version 0.1.7
- Adds translation support (only en-us added so far)
- ArchiveXL now required
- Hides crosshair during flight, but seems to still stay after flight
- Adds an option to disable quickhacks
- Adds LetThereBeFlight module in redscript for easier compatibility
- Let There Be Flight Version 0.1.6
- Disables flight physics updates outside flight mode by default
- Checks for TweakXL & Input Loader when starting, and closes the game if not found
- Makes Mod Settings optional
- Version 0.1.5
- Adds a toggle for auto activation (defaults to off), and limits it to wheeled vehicles
- Version 0.1.4
- Adds these quickhacks for vehicles:
- * Initiate Launch: Triggers an explosion & briefly turns on flight control with a high lift value to propel vehicle into space
- * Enable/Disable Flight: Toggles flight mode from outside the vehicle
- * Enable/Disable Antigrav: Toggles gravity for vehicle
- * Funhouse: Tosses the vehicle up in the air and lets it bounce around a little
- Let There Be Flight Version 0.1.3
- Disables summon button flight toggling
- Better memory management
- Fixes automatic mode & expose settings
- Adjust aero dynamics to be more realistic (less wobbly)
- Version 0.1.2
- Fixes wheel size & allows UI to be disabled
- Version 0.1.1
- Crash fixes & stability improvements
- Version 0.1.0
- Initial Nexus Release for 1.6
Many settings are available via the “Mod Settings” menu, where you can enable/adjust each of the flight modes – each setting here has a description. For more advanced customization, you can edit r6/scripts/let_there_be_flight/let_there_be_flight.packed.reds (search for “FlightSettings.SetFloat”).
Enable input hints to see the default keybindings. Controls can be customized by editing r6/input/let_there_be_flight.xml – see a list of all possible keys here: https://nativedb.red4ext.com/EInputKey
* Toggle flight with E/Left Stick Press (by default)
* Switch flight modes with G/X + Left or Right (by default)
* Hover & Fly is the easiest mode, suitable for keyboards or controllers
* Drone is the most advanced mode, suitable for controllers/joysticks
* Other modes can be enabled/adjusted in Mod Settings (all are subject to change)
* When in flight, there is an additional roof-mounted FPP view (after the normal in-car FPP)
* When in flight, you will exit the vehicle after holding the exit button for 300ms (possibly to your death)
* When your vehicle reaches 15% health, it will catch fire (what normally happens), but an alarm will also sound while your health decreases based on a timer – you can still fly during this time (but not drive), and you will die if you are in the vehicle when it reaches 0% (where it explodes).
Please make sure you’ve installed all of the requirements. You should be able to see each of them being loaded in “red4ext/logs/red4ext.log” (order does not matter):
- Input Loader
- Mod Settings
- Let There Be Flight
If you’re using RedMods, you’ll also need to install cybercmd.
If you’re seeing “REDScript compilation failed”, you may need to delete your “r6/cache” folder & re-verify your game files. If the error keeps happening, please upload your “r6/cache/redscript.log” to a website like pastebin.com and link in a comment/post. Do not expect the mod/game to work when this error happens.
If your game crashes, please install CTD Helper and follow this guide to get appropriate information – you can upload this log to pastebin.com as well.
If you think you’ve encountered a bug, please check the issues on Github before making a comment about it.
Special thanks to @psiberx for Codeware Lib, InkPlayground Demo, and Redscript, CET & RED4ext examples on Discord, @WopsS for RED4ext, @jac3km4 for Redscript toolkit, @yamashi for CET and the E-mode mod (very helpful in figuring out how to work with FMOD), @rfuzzo & team (especially @seberoth!) for WolvenKit, and all of them for being helpful on Discord.
Interested in adding flying vehicles or a similar mechanic to an existing or new game? Let me know!
Audio system made with FMOD Studio by Firelight Technologies Pty Ltd.