Long War of the Chosen is a port of the Long War 2 mod to War of the Chosen. It is a full overhaul of the game at both the strategy and tactical level, making campaigns longer, more difficult, and more interesting. The gameplay will be familiar to Long War 2 players, but with much of the WOTC content integrated.
Creator: Team LWOTC
Long War of The Chosen
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution permission
- Other user’s assets: Som assets in this file belong to other author. You will need to seek permission from thse authors before you can use their assets.
- Upload permission: You can upload this file to other sites but you must credit me as the creator of the file
- Modification permission: You are allowed to modify my files and release bug fixes or improve on the features withour permission from or credit to me.
- Conversion permission: You can convert this file to work with other games as long as you credit me as the creator of this file
- Asset user permission: You are allowed to use the assets in this file without permission or credit me
- Asset use permission in mods/files that are being sold: You are not alloed to use assets from this file in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms
- Asset use permission in mods/files that earn donation points: You are allowed to earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets
Author Notes: This author has not provided any additional notes regarding file permissions
- Pavonis Interactive for the original Long War 2 Mod
- Veehementia for Dedicated Pistol Slot mod
- NotSoLoneWolf for the strike rifles from Wolf’s Asset Pack
- Mushashi for the throwing knives from the Combat Knives mod
- Tzarnal for the New Promotion Screen by Default mod (integrated)
We’re very thankful to the following for allowing us to use their work in Long War of the Chosen (more to be added to this list):
- Vehementia for the Dedicated Pistol Slot mod, which is partially intergrated.
- NotSoLoneWolf for the strike rifles from his Wolf’s Asset Pack
- Musashi for the throwing knives from his WOTC Combat Knives mod
- We have also integrated Tzarnal’s New Promotion Screen by Default mod
Also, give a big thank you to track-two, one of the original Long War 2 developers, without whom this mod never have progressed beyond the early stages. And as seems inevitable for any XCOM 2 mod, many thanks to the folks on the XCOM 2 Modders Discord for their help and their work on the Comunity Highlander, in particular robojumper, Xymanek/Astral Descend, Musashi, Mr. Nice, and Iridar. Apologies if I’ve forgotten anyone.
Lastly, many thanks to twitch.tv/Kaen_SG for braving the early builds of the mod, providing much-needed bug reports and feedback.
- Version 1.0-beta-4.1
- Version 1.0-beta-4
- Version 1.0-beta-3.1
- Version 0.27.1
- Version 0.23
- Version 0.22
Long War of the Chosen is a port of the original Long War 2 mod my Pavonis Interactive to XCOM 2’s War of the Chosen expansion. It is a complete overhaul of the vanilla game that attempts to make campaigns more engaging, longer, and more challenging. Here’s a quick summary of the major differences from the vanilla game:
- Build up the resistance by contacting regions and recruiting rebels in thei havens
- Use those haven rebels to detect missions for you, which you must then infiltrate before they expire
- Send out multiple swuads at a time, adjusting the equipment and composition to make sure they can infiltrate in time.
- Watch as ADVENT reacts to your actions by strengthening regions (making missions more difficult) and sending retaliatory strikes on your havens
- Deal with the Chosen on both the strategy layer and in tactical battles (the Chosen need to be enabled in the campaign Advanced Options/Second Wave Options)
- Discover a new research tree with a few new techs and new Proving Ground projects
- Make use of 8 new soldier classes that have 3 ability choices per rank and an extra rank (8 instead 7 of vanilla)
- Train up officers that provide powerful buffs and abilities for your squad
- Make use of SPARKS with a new ability tree and hunt the Alien Rulers if you have the corresponding DLCs
- Prepare for tougher missions with more numerous and challenging enemies, but with more tools at your disposal
- Encounter entirely new enemies that force you to adapt your tactics
- On top of the existing vanilla mission types, you will also have a chance to take on a few new mission types, such as Smash and Grab and Jailbreak (rescue resistance contacts)
As Long War of the Chosen is a more challenging experience than vanilla, the general recommendation is to play at a difficulty level at least one less than you’re comfortable within vanilla. So Commander if you’re a Legend player and so on.
Download mod then follow the installation instructions on the wiki to get started
Download Long War of the Chosen packs:
|?Dev Build 30 (Complete package)|
|This is an experimental version of the LWOTC, often with substantial changes from the main version that still need balancing.|
|?LWOTC 1.0.1 (Complete package)|
|Version 1.0.1 of Long War of the Chosen. If upgrading from beta 5, delete local highlander directories and subscribe to WOTC Community Highlander and Alien Hunters Highlander on Steam Workshop.|
|?LWOTC 1.0.1 (Upgrade from beta 5)|
|Patch that upgrades a beta 5 installation to 1.0.1. This should be unpacked into the Mods directory, overwriting the existing mods’ files. Delete highlander mods in that directory and subscribe to WOTC Community & Alien Hunter highlanders on Steam.|
|?Community Highlander v1.22.7 for LWOTC|
|This package contains updated Community and DLC2 highlanders for LWOTC beta 5. These new ones are based on 1.22.7, instead of the 1.22.3 versions packaged with beta 5. Unpack into Mods directory, overwriting the existing highlander directories.|
What’s different between Long War of the Chosen and Long War 2
We have largely tried to keep as much of Long War 2 version 1.5 intact, but some things have changed to incorporate how WOTC works and we have also made some balance changes that we felt were worthwhile. Significant changes include:
- The starting haven no longer has a Faceless in it
- Missions can now have sit reps attached to them
- AWC training no longer exists. Soldiers now gain ability points that they can spend in abilities once the Training Center has been built, while the Infirmaryhandles the healing job.
- Dark events that directly affect tactical battles, such as Rapid Response and Sealed Armor, now have a chance to apply the effect as a sit rep to the mission. This meanthey no longer apply to every mission (which can get monotonous and frustrating), but the dark events last longer.
- Kubikiri has been replaced by a stunning ability that stuns for an extra turn if the soldier crits (but it doesn’t do crit damage)
- Mutons have a cooldown on their bayonet abilities now (so Combatives can only lock them down for a single turn)
- Enemy units have a slightly increased range when on yellow and a bit more on top of that when on red alert
- There have been quite a few AI changes to enemy units to make them more challenging/lee open to abuse.