New Barn Animals replacements for Content Patcher that are new and improved (I hope!). Skins for Adopt n’ Skin are also included.
New Barn Animals
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this New Barn Animals file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances are you permitted to upload this New Barn Animals file to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my files in order to improve them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this New Barn Animals file for use in other games.
- Permission to use assets: You must obtain my permission before using any of the assets in this New Barn Animals file.
- Asset use permission in purchased mods/files: You are not permitted to use assets from this New Barn Animals file in any mods or files that are sold for a fee on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to use assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets.
Notes from the Author
This author has made no additional notes about file permissions.
This author has not credited anyone else in this file
1.1.3 – Fixed misnamed file
– Fixed reference image typos
1.1.2 – Added Ostrich replacements
– Added optional wool and cloth recolors (enabled by default, change with your Sheep config)
– Changed solid white variants to be whiter. Old “white” is now called “cream”
– Made reference images a bit clearer
1.1.1 – Added the ability to disable any animal retexture by changing its config to “False”
– Added deer as options for the goat and pig
1.1.0 – Brought back some old favorites: alpaca as sheep and deer as cows!
– Replaced the animal icons in Marnie’s shop menu. This will not change based on your options. (Optional, enabled by default)
– Removed the nested folders options
- A variety of skins to choose from for each barn animal!
- 22 brown and white cow skins (including deer)
- A total of 18 goat skins (including deer)
- 14 sheep’s skins (including alpacas)
- A total of 18 pig skins (including deer)
- Icons in Marnie’s shop have been replaced.
- Recoloring of wool and cloth items (note that these are the same items you get from your rabbits, but change with your sheep color)
- The ability to disable any animal replacement in the config.json file in order to be compatible with other mods.
Download New Barn Animals pack:
|📥 New Barn Replacements||Unversioned update to fix another reference image (for hopefully the final time)|
|📥 Barn Skins||For use with More Animals or Adopt ‘n Skin|
- Install the latest version of SMAPI.
- Install the latest version of Content Patcher.
- Extract into your \Stardew Valley\Mods\ folder.
- Run the game through SMAPI to generate a config.json, then close.
- Open the config.json and use the images in the References folder to change each animal to the texture name you prefer! To disable a retexture, change its value to “False”
- Run the game using SMAP!
Simply delete the folder you placed in your Mods directory to uninstall.
Optional: I’ve also included a folder of skins that can be used with the Adopt ‘n Skin mod (beta update here )! This will allow you to use more animal varieties on your farm, such as cats and dogs. It is important to note that if you use A&S, you should only use the skins and not the main download.
To use, copy the skins folder into the assets folder of Adopt ‘n Skin and merge it. I’ve included all of the skins shown; simply remove the ones you don’t want to use! Deer skins are used to make skins for cows, pigs, and goats.
For our dearest farmers, here is more Stardew Valley mods to dive in: