This mod Audio API and toolkit, Audio Management for SMAPI adds custom music tracks to SDV. Harmony on this mod is not required!
Audio API and Toolkit
SAAT – Audio API and Toolkit do not have any known dependencies other than the base game.
Mods requiring this Audio API and Toolkit mod file:
|Back to the Valley – Required A Seasons Themed Music Mod if you want the SAAT version that adds the music to the jukebox by name.||Stardew Valley Expanded Korean (Framework Mod) – This allows new audio to be added to the game.(선행모드)|
|Custom NPC Lyell||Custom Npc Nikolai|
|Downtown Zuzu (adds custom music)||Ridgeside Village – French|
|Magical Family||Ridgeside Village – Portugues – v2.0.5|
|Ridgeside Village Korean Translation (Required versions <2.0.4||Stardew Valley Expanded (Framework Mod) (Allows new audio to be added to the game.)|
|Stardew Valley Expanded – French (Framework Mod) Permet d’ajouter de nouveaux sons au jeu.||Stardew Valley Expanded – Russian (Мод фреймворка)|
|Ridgeside Village Required for versions 2.0.4 and above|
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: Some of the assets in this Audio API and Toolkit mod file are the property of other authors. Before you can use these authors’ assets, you must first obtain permission from them.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances are you permitted to upload this audio API and Toolkit mod file to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my files in order to improve them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this mod file for use in other games.
- Permission to use assets: You must obtain my permission before using any of the assets in this mod file.
- Asset use permission in purchased mods/files: You are not permitted to use assets from this mod file in any mods or files that are sold for a fee on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to use assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets.
Notes from the Author
This author has made no additional notes about file permissions.
Audio API and Toolkit
- Added a fail-safety feature: it will prevent the Stardew Valley game from crashing when a cue is incorrectly called/not found.
- “Defaulting Cue” is played when upon failure, that cue will play a role called silence.
- The ability to forcibly add audio tracks to the jukebox. See “addtojukebox” command.
- That thing is to cover migrations. Audio API and Toolkit mod that migrated from Custom Music to SAAT (all custom tracks removed from the jukebox playlist due to the prefix (cm:) notation CM required. SAAT validates all tracks in the jukebox and removes ones that are missing to prevent them.
- Added: Audio Track Settings.
- Can set an entry in tracks.json to continuously loop
- When a new game is created, you can set an entry to immediately add itself to the jukebox
- Renamed Command:
- “setdebug” –> “audiodebug”: a high possibility of conflict with other mods.
- “gen_track_json” –> “tracktemplate”
- “audio_allocs” –> “audioallocs”.
- Command has had some formatting fixes
- The audio allows command has an optional parameter now. Adding a track id will provide further details for a specific track
- Done some internal restructuring
- Updated Documentation
What do Audio API and Toolkit do?
Come to explore SAAT on nowmods.com and check out the cool function of this mod.
The main function of SAAT is a framework aimed at adding, managing, and modifying audio tracks in Stardew Valley. That is a good way to help players get more experiences when it seeks to improve the audio engine at a later date (bcz XNA / MonoGame’s audio engine is lackluster in memory management and support. It aims to be harmony-less)
- Allow brand new music and sound effect that will be added to Stardew Valley
- Allows music to be added to the jukebox.
- Audio Track Replacement / Overrides: Can replace existing audio tracks with another, overriding vanilla assets in a non-destructive manner.
- Audio Signal Processing (APS or DPS): Allow for audio to undergo low-pass, high-pass, altered pitch, effects, and more without the need to create another track.
- Proper memory management: A prime feature of Audio API and Toolkit mod, Stardew Valley relies on XNA / MonoGame to handle memory management for audio. Normally very poor in design for memory management as it loads all or nothing. The audio is chunked into memory rather than retailing all at once, so it creates a large consumption of memory.
–> Ex: the winter music tracks are loaded into memory at the beginning of the game, even in spring. You will not hear any audio track for 3/4th of the game, however, it still consumes memory
–> Take a note: This subset of the API / Mod will be written in C. Native is required to ensure performance.
- Packed Audio Format: The audio will be compacted into binary files on a per mod basis. so it also means allowing for faster loading/unloading /reloading operating.
This function is not required in Audio API and Toolkit mod, but it will optimize performance. Especially for larger audio files.
- Toolkit for Packed Audio Format: It assists and encourage content creators in optimizing audio for performance, and creating the packed audio format mentioned above.
Check out: Source Code and Documentation
👉 For our dearest farmers, here are more Stardew Valley mods: