This Soaking Wet plugin that makes characters and their equipment appear wet when they are in water and, optionally, when it rains or snows. With seamless soak/dry transitions and an adjustable shine level, it works on both players and NPCs.
Soaking Wet – Character Wetness Effect
Address Library for SKSE Plugins
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this Soaking Wet Character Special File are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances may you upload this Soaking Wet Character Special File to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my files in order to improve them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this file for use in other games.
- Permission to use an asset: You must obtain my permission before using any of the assets in this Soaking Wet Character Special File.
- Asset use permission in purchased mods/files: This file’s assets may not be used in any mods or files that are sold for money on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to use assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets.
Notes from the Author
This author has made no additional notes about file permissions.
This author has not credited anyone else in this file
Adjusted effect transition during rain/snow to be more in sync with precipitation
Added options for disabling the effect during rain/snow, useful if you have very high specularity set for enb rain wet surfaces
Added weather support (rain and snow). Off by default, enable it in the ini.
A SKSE64 plugin that dynamically applies glossiness/specularity to characters’ skin, hair, armor, and weapons to make them appear wet when in water and optionally in rain or snow. It works on both the player and NPCs. The character begins to dry after removing himself from the water. Transitions are seamless, and soak/dry times can be adjusted.
Works with ENB wet surfaces and mods that use shaders for wet effects (such as water drip) or change body specular map textures to give actors a more detailed wet look. If you believe the specular effect is too strong, you can reduce it in the configuration (MaxSpecularStrength).
Install with a mod manager or extract to \Data.
SoakingWet.ini allows you to customize the specular strength, glossiness, water level threshold, and soak/dry transition speeds. Player and NPC effects can be toggled independently.
No known incompatible or conflicting mods at this time.
Browse for more Skyrim mods right below: