The Long Dark World using the Chisel & Bits addon, Minecraft recreates locations from ‘The Long Dark.’ The Chisel & Bits mod and Minecraft Java version 1.12.2 are required.
Creator: Toasty Goblin
The Long Dark World
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this The Long Dark World file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances are you permitted to upload this The Long Dark World file to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my The Long Dark World files in order to improve them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this The Long Dark World file for use in other games.
- Permission to use assets: You must obtain my permission before using any of the assets in this file.
- Asset use permission in purchased mods/files: You are not permitted to use assets from this The Long Dark World file in any mods or files that are sold for a fee on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to use assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets.
Notes from the Author
This author has made no additional notes about file permissions.
This author has not credited anyone else in this file
New island region, environment updates, updated textures and location overhauls.
12/05/2021 | Coastal Houses
17/03/2021 | Muted Alcove Region
18/11/2020 | Environment Overhaul
17/08/2020 | Stone Church
15/06/2020 | Camp Office
02/05/2020 | Watch Tower
25/04/2020 | Mountineering Hut
18/04/2020 | Trapper’s Homestead
The Long Dark World using the Chisel & Bits addon, Minecraft recreates locations from ‘The Long Dark.’ The Chisel & Bits mod and Minecraft Java version 1.12.2 are required. I suggest you play in Peaceful mode. Have a great time exploring!
2 Major regions to explore
- Mystery Lake inspried region
- Includes Camp Office, Trapper’s homestead, watch tower and more
- Connects to Muted Alcove via Train Tunnel
- Coastal highway inspired region
- Includes Quonset garage, Coastal houses, fishing village and more
If the map is stuttering for you, you can increase the amount of ram/memory Mineraft uses through the launcher
- Open the Minecraft launcher
- Click Installations
- Click the version with (1.12.2-forge)
- Click more options
- Go to the JVM Arguments and look for “-Xmx#G” (# will be a number)
- Change the number in “-Xmx#G” to something higher than what it curently is (this changes the amount of ram in gigabytes minecraft uses)
I personally use 5, so my JVM Argument looks like this:-Xmx5G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
1 = 1024mb
2 = 2048mb
4 = 4096mb
8 = 8192mb
16 = 16384mb
Render distance can also significantly effect memory usage aswell, I don’t recommend going above 16 (far), buts that’s up to you and your PC specs.
- Navigate to your minecraft world saves folder (type %appdata% in the Run program)
- Make a copy of “The Long Dark Chisel and Bits” into the saves folder
- Drag the archive of “TheLongDarkTexturePackChiselandBits” into the resources folder
- Download Minecraft version 1.12.2 through the launcher
- Install Minecraft Forge for version 1.12.2 (you can find the tutorials HERE)
- Install the Chisel and Bits mod into the mod folder in the .minecraft directory (if this does not exist, just make one)
- Load the texture pack once in game and load up the world
In the download, I’ve included a few different menu backgrounds. If you want to change the background menu panorama, drag the archives to the resources folder and install them just like any texture pack, making sure to put them at the top of the list so they overwrite any other menu textures.
You can also consult the Region Maps, which are included in the The Long Dark World download.
I used Kuda’s Shader in both the images and videos, and I tweaked it quite a bit to make it look very different from the default.
To keep in touch with the Creator:
Seacrh for more Minecraft Java Edition mods right herer: