The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing for lower RTGI performance costs with little visual deterioration.
The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances may you upload this material to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my files in order to enhance them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing file for use in other games.
- Permission to utilize an asset: You must obtain my permission before using any of the materials in this The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing file.
- Asset use authorization in purchased mods/files: This file’s assets may not be used in any modifications or files that are sold for money on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to utilize assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your modifications if they use my materials.
Notes from the Author
This author has made no further remarks about file permissions.
This author has not credited anyone else in this The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing file.
- The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing Version 0.6
- Improved overall GI accuracy.
- NumClassification*RaysPerProbe was set too low in the previous version. increased the value inline with ProbeSpacing leading to more accurate GI and less visual glitches
- The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing Version 0.5
- Two different versions are available now:
- Quality which is closer to v0.4.1 in terms of performance but more accurate GI. Better ‘draw distance’ than vanilla because of more spacing between probes. 1/2 ray count compared to vanilla. marginally less accurate GI. 20-30% higher fps than vanilla.
- Performance which has even higher performance than v0.3. Same ‘draw distance’ as vanilla by having less probes but more spacing inbetween them. 1/4 ray count compared to vanilla. less accurate GI. 40-50% higher fps than vanilla.
- The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing Version 0.4.1
- Reverted Probecount to vanilla (80->64) as it causes issues.
- increased probespacing to increase RTGI distance (1.2->1.4).
- The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing Version 0.4
- This version has lower performance than v0.3 but much higher RTGI distance than vanilla. Ray count is 1/2 compared to vanilla so around 25% more performance !
- stick to v0.3 for higher fps.
DISCLAIMER #1: i have only configured values related to RTGI , other RT or non-RT effects are untouched as of now. This also means that there’s close to zero decline in cpu usage thus no increase in fps when cpu-bound. Although the frametimes are vastly improved. RT shadows are bugged so do not turn on.
DISCLAIMER #2: unfortunately due to the nature of RTXGI there’s a massive amount of randomness involved (probes are placed when you spawn in the map so their locations are not predetermined).
That means pictures do not tell the whole story. you could fast travel to the same location again and get a completely different GI due to different Probe placements. it is best just to try the mod for yourself and compare.
Also things like bright spots on the walls or rapid flickering are NOT BUGS its just how RTXGI works (probes are placed too close to the object) so it is not caused by this mod.
UPDATE: v0.5 : Two different versions are available now:
Quality which is closer to v0.4.1 in terms of performance but more accurate GI. Better ‘draw distance’ than vanilla because of more spacing between probes. 1/2 ray count compared to vanilla. marginally less accurate GI. 20-30% higher fps than vanilla.
Performance which has even higher performance than v0.3. Same ‘draw distance’ as vanilla by having less probes but more spacing inbetween them. 1/4 ray count compared to vanilla. less accurate GI. 40-50% higher fps than vanilla.
Benchmark Results: Kaer Morhen Running from signpost to the back of the big main hall : (100% gpu-bound)
GPU is rtx 2060 Super.
Average framerate : 36.6 FPS
Minimum framerate : 31.2 FPS
Maximum framerate : 46.5 FPS
1% low framerate : 17.5 FPS
Modded v0.5 Performance :
Average framerate : 54.0 FPS
Minimum framerate : 46.7 FPS
Maximum framerate : 67.9 FPS
1% low framerate : 35.3 FPS
Modded v0.5 Quality :
Average framerate : 46.2 FPS
Minimum framerate : 40.9 FPS
Maximum framerate : 57.9 FPS
1% low framerate : 32.9 FPS
Copy and paste OptimizedRT.ini in the following folder: [The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt]\bin\config\platform\pc
Download The Witcher 3 Optimized Raytracing files:
|📥Optimized RTGI v0.6 Performance||Same RTGI coverage distance as vanilla. 1/4 Ray count. Lower number of probes but with more spacing in-between so more prone to light leakage in small indoor areas.|
Improved accuracy over v0.5.
40-50% higher fps than vanilla.
|📥Optimized RTGI v0.6 Quality||20% Higher RTGI coverage distance than vanilla so less ‘pop-in’. 1/2 Ray count. Same number of probes but with more spacing in-between (44% more coverage volume than vanilla)|
improved accuracy over v0.5.
20-30% higher fps than vanilla.
|📥Optimized RTGI v0.6 Ultra||Double RTGI coverage distance than vanilla so less ‘pop-in’. 3/4 Ray count. Same number of probes but with 2x spacing in-between (6x coverage volume vs vanilla)|
More light leakage in small indoor areas.
Higher fps vs vanilla.
PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK