War And AI Tweaks changes the way that AI handles war.
Mount & Blade II War And AI Tweaks
|Mod Configuration Menu|
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances may you upload this War And AI Tweaks material to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my files in order to enhance them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this War And AI Tweaks file for use in other games.
- Permission to utilize an asset: You must obtain my permission before using any of the materials in this War And AI Tweaks file.
- Asset use authorization in purchased mods/files: This file’s assets may not be used in any modifications or files that are sold for money on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to utilize assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your modifications if they use my materials.
Notes from the Author
This author has made no further remarks about file permissions.
This author has not credited anyone else in this War And AI Tweaks file
- Version 1.7.1
- Fixed an issue where AI lords would desert armies due to other orders.
- Version 1.7.0
- Added Feature: Player Peace Change. The other War And AI Tweaks faction must agree to peace with you just like everyone else. You can no longer just peace out when you please. Be Prepared (MCM Setting);
- Reworked all army and lord logic. Frankly, I was doing it wrong. Crashes should be much less frequent if not gone. Factions are now much more active in a war now. AI no longer goofs off and will now try to win. Changes the way AI behaves in war. Armies are not called for raiding and patrolling, only attacking and defending. Lord refill ranks from garrisons, defend their settlements, lords and armies prioritize attacking and defending resulting in much less idling for factions at war. The War And AI Tweaks factions are no slouch in wars now.
- Mercenaries no longer apply for Fillstacks (MCM Setting). Default = Disabled
- Increased the scoring for staying at peace based on the target peace date. Should result in the faction staying at peace much closer to the target date set in the settings.
- Resolved an issue where clan lords would steal troops from your garrisons.
- Version 1.6.0
- Make sure garrison does not refill undersiege
- Almost completely re-wrote logic for wars and peace. Factions should declare war (no more years without wars) but also have times of extended peace.
- Factions now greatly consider the length of the war, how many wars they are currently in, and the distance from a faction when seeking peace and declaring war.
- Fillstacks integrated now has lords respawning with 3 toops by default to reduce being captured by bandits when spawning War And AI Tweaks
- Added Feature: Implemented a target peace time that factions will consider a good amount of time to be at total peace. Can be changed in the MCM settings.
- Alot of code refactor to be cleaner and more efficient.
- Rework of MCM Menu
- Version 1.5.1
- If preventing clan member parties from join ai armies is enabled, clan parties wont go support the nearest siege and join it either War And AI Tweaks
- Another attempt at fixing LordsDefendSiege crash
- Fixed a bug where ai would take over player army to assist another siege
- Better null checking for band together logic
- Better null checking for lord logic
- Version 1.5.0
- Added feature: Vanilla logic for attacking is kind of lackluster while defense is great. Armies will now look to help each other in sieges. If they are War And AI Tweaks idle, they will go to help another siege. This enables kingdoms to bring the entire might of the kingdom down on a fief to take it. No holding back.
- Another attempt to fix the elusive LordDefendBesiegersPatch bug
- Tweak to army calling calculation changes when removing clans from being called feature is enabled.
- Version 1.4.1
- Hopefully fixed the crash everyone is reporting with the Lord’s supporting sieges when idle War And AI Tweaks
- Slight tweak to clans calling armies
- If Prevent Clan members from being called to armies is checked and the lord support seiges is checked, they wont go to nearest siege to support.
- If enabled, idle lords will now meet the armies at the closest siege and join the army sieging, boosting their numbers just like the player can
- Version 1.4.0
- Added Feature: Option to remove the ability from AI armies to call your clan member parties (MCM Option).
- Added Feature: When kingdom lords are idle, aka ‘Patrolling’ they will instead move to support the closest siege and guard the army at the beseiged settlement (MCM Option).
- Fixed tooltip for town bonus War And AI Tweaks
- Fixed PartyCallPatch to check for null (Should solve the crashes people are having)
- Tweaks to army calling parties
- Version 1.3.1
- Removed piece of logging I forgot to turn off for fillstack integration
- Version 1.3.0
- Added MCM v5 Support. You may now enable/disable/modify settings as you please.
- Added feature for lords who have a weak party to seek out troops from their closest garrison
- Version 1.2.3
- Fixed an issue were clans could call armies into negative influence War And AI Tweaks
- Version 1.2.2
- Rewrote code for militia to be more efficient and produce more reasonable numbers. Towns doing very well produce alot of militia. Towns doing poor produce a little more than a castle. Castle present a reasonable threat.
- Implemented what I call “Band together” logic. Faction who are on the verge of elimination will NEVER come back, they wont produce armies and by default can never strike back. Now very weak factions will ” band together” and do what it takes to survive. Calculation is party wage/recruit cost/influence to call armies are reduced by percentage past 10 fiefs. For example, if they have 3 fiefs left they will pay 30% of all before mentioned. This wont stop them from being destroyed by any means. But it will give them a chance. This War And AI Tweaks includes the player kingdom so they are not cheating (and your gonna need it)
- Taleworld’s intentionally handicaps armies/factions in wars, preventing them from defending/attacking when needed, even when the requirements are met. I have unleashed them and now they can bring the entire might of the kingdom down on their target.
- Version 1.2.1
- Hopefully Fix Crash with Kingdom Strategies command mod War And AI Tweaks
- Version 1.2.0
- Kingdom Leaders now pay half cost influence for calling armies, this allows them to stand out among the crowd and lead as they should. Also help with the issue of kingdoms with low/no fiefs not being able to call armies to attack or defend
- Lowered the miltia count across the board
- Version 1.1.1
- Fixed Garrison auto recruitment not sometimes not triggering correctly
- Added message in log to show troops being added your fiefs garrisons
- Version 1.1
- War/Peace revisions. AI can now declare war/peace with rebel War And AI Tweaks factions.
- Militia changes. Now militia are more prevalent. Representing the population different between villages/towns/castle. As well as more means of defense. Towns are now 10-1, Castles are 5-1, villages are 2-1. X-X for example; 10-1 means theres now 10 militia for every 1 that would have spawned
- Garrison changes. For some reason taleworld only auto recruits 1 troop at time… Looking at the code it looks live a mistake/oversight. Garrison (as long as auto recruitment is on). Will recruit from local regions; I.E. Bound villages/the town itself. Filling the garrison until you either turn it off or it hits your “Wage Limit”/”Food Limit”. The War And AI Tweaks relies very heavily on auto recruitment so this should get their settlement ready for battle.
- Garrison are now 1/2 cost like in warband. Now theres a real benefit to storing troops in settlements!
- All of the forementioned applies for the ai and the player
- Version 1.0
- Initial Upload War And AI Tweaks
All of this War And AI Tweaks features may be disabled/enabled. If you don’t like anything, turn it off! If you wish to disable the entire mod without removing it, you can do so. Obviously, I attempt to strike a balance with everything turned on.
This tries to increase the effect of conflicts. No more just steamrolling your adversary. You must now overcome their barriers!
I’m publishing this mod so that others may test out the new Bannerlord rules. It might cause snowballing and other strange side effects, but in my testing, kingdoms rise and fall in a highly dynamic way. This mod can also allow for lengthy periods of tranquility. It’s time to enjoy the sandbox without being compelled to hack off heads the entire time. I hope to add more to this War And AI Tweaks mod and change things in the future, but I need your opinion on how it plays. Suggestions are always appreciated.
Note: This mod can be removed and added at will and it does not save anything. Everything is calculated real time.
This is a War And AI Tweaks mod I made in response to my dissatisfaction with the way war works in Bannerlord. The goal of this mod is to address the following issues.
- AI gets free troops when they respawn
- AI has no defenses. Poor miltia and garrison.
- AI is always war hungry to point it crushes itself and theres never any downtime for players to enjoy the sandbox
- Peace. The current implementation for peace is that ONE side in a war has to ask for peace and it is accepted, no questions asked, by the other side. This makes no sense.
- Army logic is stupid
- Integration of my other mod “FillStacks” which removes the free troops enemy lords get when they respawn. Now, they respawn like the player, alone. They need to refill their ranks just as the player does. This means that winning battles is VERY impactful and can turn the tide of a war if you are losing.
- There are many checks in play now for when a kingdom can declare war.
2a.) Check if they would rather be at war than be at peace
2b.) AI in Bannerlord currently just take a random kingdom and see if it wants to declare war, there could be multiple kingdoms that meet that threshold. This is how kingdoms end up at war with multiple kingdoms for no reason. Now, they check to see only which kingdom would be the best target to attack, every time. No more random target selection for war declarations
2c.) Would the kingdom support a war decision? If not, there is no point in even trying.
2d.) Only rulers can propose war and peace. This includes the player kingdom.
2e.) The AI is heavily discouraged from declaring war when they are already in one. The more wars they are in, the more they are discouraged.
- When an AI kingdom wants peace, the other side must also accept peace. This makes it so that once a kingdom starts loosing they cant just peace out immediately afterwards (Which is completely unrealistic). Wars are now very meaningful for the AI and the player.
- Militia’s are nothing more than just an annoyance in vanilla. Now militias are much more relevant depending on if you are attacking a town, castle or village. The AI relies very heavily on auto recruitment, which Taleworld’s decided should be 1 per day…Useless when 5 armies are running around for a kingdom and now they can attack together. Auto recruitment for AI and player now recruit from local regions (Town Nobles and bound village nobles) until it fills up. Filling a garrison much quicker without breaking the rules of the game or just getting “free troops from nowhere”. The AI garrisons will now present a considerable challenge
- Military logic has changed. Raids and patrolling for armies has been drastically reduced. Armies are meant for attacking and defending. Clans will now prioritize defending their settlement to the highest extend. Expect clans to defend what is theirs. Ai Factions are now very different in wars and will do everything they can to win and take minimal losses. No more goofing around. Taleworld’s has logic that has armies being created for sole purpose of patrolling a village, this is a waste of resources and effort and should happen no more. (Yes now Sturgia Even stands a chance)
I have tested this War And AI Tweaks mod with diplomacy, and it works.