Armor Community Resource is a master file for creating a standard armor framework so that modders may develop and alter armor (like Armorsmith) while keeping changes compatible with modifications that change dynamic item name (like Valdacil’s Item Sorting). Also includes a standardized set of crafting menu categories for armor/clothing/weapons, as well as two new workbenches.
Creator: Gambit77 – Thirdstorm – Valdacil
Weapon Keywords and Armor Community Resource
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Instructions from the author
Mod developers may refer to this resource as a necessary file, but DO NOT include a copy of Armor Community Resource in your mod distribution. To avoid versioning concerns, users should get Armor Community Resource from the Armor Community Resource website.
- Plugin work by Gambit77, Valdacil, & Thirdstorm. Part of Armor Community Resource color swap framework contributed by AndrewCX.
- Armorsmith Workbench by Gambit77, Aldebaran90, & Stndmunki.
- Armorsmith Workbench Mini variants by FadingSignal.
- Weaponsmith Workbench by Gambit77.
- Weaponsmith Workbench Mini variants by FadingSignal.
- Ammunition Workbench by KKtheBeast, Gambit77, BenEphla, KingTobbe, Wanamingo, & LoneRaptor.
- Ammunition Workbench F4NV variant by Circles, Leldorado, Wanamingo, & KKtheBeast.
- Explosive Workbenches by Chucksteel.
- AWKCR compatibility patches by DrDanzel.
- SuperMutant Outfit / Armor Nifs from m150 (SuperMutant Clothing), MadMax713 and Thirdstorm (Super Mutant Redux).
- Child Outfits / Armor Nifs from Bandit01(Child Outfits Vanilla and Conversions Standalone), Thirdstorm (Unique NPCs), gift2 (Orphans of the Commonwealth – More Children), JTesmer (ANiceOakTree’s Diverse Children)
- DoktorSoviet for Minuteman Combat Armor – Standalone colors
- Bugfix: removed leveled list entry causing CTD in Creation Kit
- Patches: fixed ap keyword related bug in vanilla PAMAP.esp
- Minutemen Combat Armor had a path error in the Material files. (Credit to kirin66.)
- Fixed an issue with a few of the BoS Paints (Credit to phlogistinator)
- Corrected an issue with the T-60 Tesla Torso.
- DLC01_Armor_Power_T60_Tesla_Torso “T-60 Chest Piece” [ARMO:0100C57B]
- ArmorKeywords v8.51 Bugfix added to the main ESM
- Brotherhood Power Armor Overhaul.esp (Standard)
- Brotherhood Power Armor Overhaul.esp (Unique NPC’s)
- Consistent Power Armor Overhaul.esp
- Keywords and OMOD’s added for mod compatibility.
- Replacer Plugin’s for the “Functional Displays” Mod
- Replacer Plugin’s for the “Wasteland Imports” Mod
- Added a workaround to avoid CTDs for Fallout 4 VR users: override entries for records that Bethesda has only been uploading to the non-VR version to enable Creation Club releases. It should avoid the CTDs caused by missing keywords that the game was seeking for. It should also enable them to begin utilizing CC stuff purchased for Fallout 4 in their Fallout 4 VR mod build. This should also assist those who have not updated their game in a timely manner. This is untested since none of us have VR, so please provide input on whether or not this works for you; I believe I have all of the required documents.
- Added more groundwork for upcoming Raider Overhaul update Armor Community Resource.
- Begun creating a new leveled list structure for clothing to make it easy to integrate mod clothes into leveled lists and distribute it precisely where you want it. Including tiered lists for accessories to enable adding things easy while preventing slot conflicts among the npcs’ provided equipment.
- Armor_Power_Raider_Torso “Raider Power Chest Piece” [ARMO:00140C57] Raider Power Armor Torso now has “Decals” opened up as an option through a new nif creation.
- dn HasPaint 03 Metal02 GunMetal [KYWD:06000C88] has been added to the list of PA Paints.
- Removed some NPCs from the ESP
- Suit Helmet for SpaceSuit (DLC04) In line with the other Hazmat Helmets.
- “Spacesuit Costume Helmet” [ARMO:060296B8] DLC04 Armor SpaceSuit Helmet
- SpaceSuit Body (DLC04) added to the list of Hazmat components.
- “Spacesuit Costume” [ARMO:0600D2AE] DLC04 Armor SpaceSuit
- Revised Tegan’s paint list, giving him a unique list with all available paints.
- VendorBoSTeagan [CONT:0006A392]
- bugfix: corrected some botched up BoS arm decal material swaps and modcols that were providing the erroneous rank decal to a few ranks, thanks to ThisNameHasBeenOccupied for spotting this bug.
- SlinkyDress “Red Dress” -Clothes [ARMO:000FD9A8] Bone Data was deleted from the Child ArmorAddon since it was affecting the female NPC as well. (Many thanks to ezfreee, Silberoak, and Hellpig for their contributions.)
- Armor GunnerRaiderMod Underarmor [ARMO:00223CFC] “Gunner Leathers” File path was changed and fixed. (With thanks to skiro11)
- ClothesMinutemanOutfit [ARMO:000E517B] “Minuteman Outfit” File path was changed and fixed. (With thanks to skiro11)
- AAClothesDesdemona [ARMA:0701CEAB] “Null” entry was removed.
- “T-60 Tesla Chest Piece” [ARMO:0100C57B] -DLC01 Armor Power T60 TeslaTorso MA Decal A keyword was added to enable for decal exchanges.
- FancyLadSnackCakes [ALCH:000330B4] “Fancy Lads Snack Cakes” Material swaps are now possible thanks to the addition of a material file.
- FancyLadSnackCakes PreWar [ALCH:000E3778] “Fancy Lads Snack Cakes” Material swaps are now possible thanks to the addition of a material file.
- Food Gumdrops [ALCH:000330FC] “Food Gum Drops” Material swaps are now possible thanks to the addition of a material file.
- “Jet” [ALCH:000366C5] -Chem Jet Material swaps are now possible thanks to the addition of a material file.
- Stencil32 Raider01 Anarchy01 “Raider Anarchy 01 Stencil” [MISC:07002401]
This Armor Community Resource achieves the following goals:
1) Develops a standardized keyword framework for armor and weapon records for use by dynamic naming modifications (and other mods that use these keywords to do amazing things), crafting menus, and a color switch & decal swap framework.
2) Standardizes the use of clothing slots to avoid conflicts between mod author designs and to improve interoperability.
3) Generates standardized armor, weapons, ammo, and explosive workbenches for use in making mod-added goods.
4) Generates a set of object changes for blade weapons in order to reproduce Skyrim’s blade tempering for usage by weapon modders.
This file may be required as a basic resource by mods you’ve loaded. Simply download the Armor Community Resource mod and install it using the regular installation procedures (recommended NMM: Newbie Guide).
|Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource v4.02a||Last non-DLC Version available in FMOD format|
|Brotherhood of Steel Kit replacer plugin|
|Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource v5.0 – CBBE Patch v2||This is a CBBE patch including a prebuilt CBBE mesh for Cait’s gloves as well as bodyslide files for Cait’s Corset and Cait’s Bandolier. This file provides material file paths to these three meshes, allowing color swap modifications to be implemented.|
|Armor Community Resource – Color Swap Mod Slot Hider||For those who aren’t using a mod that adds color swap clothing modifications, this file conceals all color swap related mod slots.|
Instructions for Mod Authors
- Make ArmorKeywords.esm a master on your.esp and include it as a needed file when uploading your mod.
- To override an item, first copy the resource item as override into your.esp. All of the parts required to execute dynamic naming are currently in place, as explained below.
- To make a new item in Armor Community Resource, begin with a nearby resource item and duplicate it as a new item into your.esp. All parts required to conduct dynamic naming should be carried over. To appropriately categorize and categorise your item, adjust the community keywords as required.
In FO4Edit, dynamic naming is based on the INNR data (latest version calls these Instance Naming Rule). These rules are implemented as If. Then statements that search for keywords on the object and apply a portion of the item’s name if a matching rule is found in Armor Community Resource.
However, many armor items in Armor Community Resource do not employ dynamic naming rules by default since they did not have any upgrades accessible in vanilla. The INRD of the item records must be set to the EditorID of the rule to run for that item in order to compel them to execute dynamic naming rules. Furthermore, the OBTS must have the following basic definition (if the item already has an OBTE specified, do not alter it; the following is only for items where the OBTE is undefined):
OBTE – Count = 1
OBTS Parts A Count = 0
OBTS Parts B Count = 0
OBTS Unknown (first instance) = 00 00 00 00 FF FF 01
OBTS Unknown (second instance) = 00 00
With INRD and OBTE configured, it is up to the author of sorting mods or modifications that change naming rules to decide how to use the keywords the object has been labeled with. Sorting mods do not need to edit armor records in order to sort, and modifications that add new armor/clothing may be sorted automatically as long as both modders include these community keywords.
Purpose of this resource
Design a common armor framework so that modders may create and alter armor while keeping modifications compatible with mods that change dynamic item names (such as Valdacil’s Item Sorting).
Armor Community Resource adds a standardized set of armor/clothing/weapon making menu categories, as well as two new crafting benches, the Armorsmith and Weaponsmith workbenches. This was done so that modders may share category menu keywords, reducing our collective footprint and assisting the community in avoiding the formlist cap problem. As an added benefit, all of the crafting recipes in Armor Community Resource will be consolidated into just two benches for ease.
Why create this
Vanilla Fallout 4 gives us the following ways to identify armor
- ArmorTypeHat – hats
- ArmorBodyPartHead – helmets
- ArmorBodyPartEyes – glasses/goggles
- ClothingDogmeat + playerCannotEquip – Dogmeat only equipable
- ArmorBodyPartChest – chest armor overlays
That’s all there is to it. As you can see, the identical left/right arm/leg division for armor overlay components is lacking (leather, combat armor, etc). We also lack a common keyword for clothes, armor, and the like. There is no Super Mutant keyword either.
This Armor Community Resource addresses that issue by adding keywords to the tag armor/cosmetics, allowing mod developers to correctly describe their goods. For further information, please see the instructional article connected to this page.
If you are building a mod that adds new wearable things, use this Armor Community Resource and one of the keywords and follow the directions in this article, and your new items will be automatically prepared for dynamic naming without the need for compatibility updates. The resource contains all vanilla objects that have been correctly identified and are ready for dynamic naming.
Plugin work by Gambit77, Valdacil, & Thirdstorm. Part of Armor Community Resource color swap framework contributed by AndrewCX.
Armorsmith Workbench by Gambit77, Aldebaran90, & Stndmunki.
Armorsmith Workbench Mini variants by FadingSignal.
Weaponsmith Workbench by Gambit77.
Weaponsmith Workbench Mini variant by FadingSignal.
Ammunition Workbench by KKtheBeast, Gambit77, BenEphla, KingTobbe, Wanamingo, & LoneRaptor.
Ammunition Workbench F4NV variant by Circles, Leldorado, & KKtheBeast.
Explosive Workbenches by Chucksteel.
AWKCR compatibility patches by DrDanzel.
If you like playing Fallout 4 maybe you also like these ones: