The Browser Extension Framework provides an easy way to add your custom Web Sites to the main browser page: “NETdir://ncity.pub”. It also collects and displays all vanilla sites defined in the game’s resources as journal entries.
Creator: r457 and gh057
Browser Extension Framework
The Browser Extension Framework provides an easy way to add your custom Web Sites to the main browser page: “NETdir://ncity.pub”. It also collects and displays all vanilla sites defined in the game’s resources as journal entries. New sites are pushed to the homepage’s top, and the homepage can be scrolled using UI_MoveDown/UI_MoveUp actions (typically bound to the mouse wheel).
To add a new site, make a child of BrowserEventsListener, fill in the name/address/pages, and add/initiate your custom site in BrowserGameController.OnInitialize – see CustomSiteExample in the framework’s optional files section.
You have the option of building your pages from scratch (manually or using Codeware custom widgets) or reusing existing vanilla templates (see CustomSiteExample).
- The system will only pass a link address to your listener if it begins with your site’s main address: use it to define all your site pages in the GetWebPage method.
- Your custom page is reparented to the root page widget with anchor set to fill – anything else is on you: correct margins, scale, processing events, etc.
- Link your pages with the LoadPageByAddress method.
- You can override vanilla sites by address as custom sites are processed first (TODO: override system needs more work, in process).
Making your site icon:
CustomSiteExample archive from Optional files contains a WolvenKit project with the raw dds icon, xbm texture and inkatlas. Icon size is 204×229.
- Use dds as a raw source.
- Select TEXG_Generic_UI as a texture group on import, check IsGamma and VFlip.
- Select TRF_TrueColor for RawFormat and TCM_None for compression, remove all the other checkboxes.
- Didn’t test with transparency yet – might be different!
Block sites by address:
Open r6\scripts\BlockByAddress\BlockByAddress.reds with notepad and uncomment (remove // at the start) the sites you don’t want to see in-game. It’s a simple system (might do an in-game UI later) to allow people to remove useless noise, though, we do encourage other modders to try and give those sites life.
- Make the homepage an actual scrollable widget (now imitates scrolling by redrawing items)
- Test controller compatibility
DJ_Kovrik for being a very helpful guide into the world of CP77 modding
psiberx for great tools and docs
- Download the main framework archive
- Extract the archive into the Cyberpunk 2077 install folder
- You can download an optional mod that allows to manually block sites by address (see instructions below)
|↳Browser Extension Block By Address|
|A simple script to block sites by their address (see instructions in the description).|
|↳Browser Extension Example|
|An example site for mod developers.|
|↳Browser Extension WKitSrc|
|Sample inkatlas and texture.|