Framework based on SKSE for replacing overused lock models with unique lock variants.
Security Overhaul SKSE
|Address Library for SKSE Plugins|
|Visual C++ Redistributables 2019|
Mods requiring this file
|Ancient Dwemer Metal – My patches for SMIM Dawnguard Dragonborn||Patch for this fantastic mod as well as the lovely Ancient Dwemer Metal mod|
|Security Overhaul SKSEVR – Lock Variations VR||Everything needed but dll|
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: You may upload this file to other websites, but you must credit me as the file’s creator.
- Permission to modify: You may modify my files and release bug fixes or enhancements as long as you credit me as the original creator.
- Permission to convert: You are free to convert this file to work with other games as long as you credit me as the file’s creator.
- Permission to use assets: You may use the assets in this file without asking permission as long as you credit me.
- Asset use permission in purchased mods/files: You are not permitted to use assets from this file in any mods or files that are sold for a fee on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/)
- To foster an open and sharing community, we stipulate that anyone may create dependent mods and/or use assets from this mod as long as they also give credit to this mod
- Share their mod under the same CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
Credits should be filed
In this file, the author has not given credit to anyone else.
- Based on the type of chest/door, each lock has its own unique model and sound effects.
- Covers Dwemer, Falmer, Snow Elf, Apocrypha, and snowy chests/doors at the moment.
Adding your own locks
Lock models should be saved in the Data folder as an.ini file with the suffix “_LID” (for example, MyCustomLock LID.ini).
They should adhere to the following general structure:
Door = interface/lockpicking/sos/lockpick_FalmerLock01.nif
Chest = interface/lockpicking/sos/lockpick_FalmerLock01.nif
CylinderSqueakA = NPCChaurusInsectInjured
CylinderSqueakB = NPCChaurusAttackSD
CylinderStop = NPCSpiderFrostbiteAttackBiteSD
CylinderTurn = NPCChaurusInsectInjured
PickMovement = UILockpickingPickMovement
LockpickingUnlock = NPCChaurusDeathSD
Lock type is based on model path of locked object.
Replacing lock sounds (CylinderSqueakA, LockpickingUnlock) requires editorID of the sound descriptor.
Noble chests (furniture/noble/…)
Door = interface/lockpicking/myNobleLock_D.nif
Chest = interface/lockpicking/myNobleLock_C.nif
Ayleid locks (bsheartland/Architecture/doors/ayleid/…)
Door = interface/lockpicking/ayleidLock_D.nif
Chest = interface/lockpicking/ayleidLock_C.nif
- Plugin source
- Kreiste : modeling/texturing
- wSkeever : concept art, animation
- powerofthree : SKSE plugin, animation
Donate for creator:
If you are finding more Skyrim mods, you also can check out one of these: