This Basic Needs Final Cut mod adds thirst, hunger, urination, exhaustion, and equipment weight mechanics, as well as a slew of new features!
Basic Needs Final Cut
|Script Hook RDR2|
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS
Credits and distribution rights
- Assets of other users: All of the assets in this Basic Needs Final Cut file are either the author’s or free-to-use modder’s resources.
- Upload authorization: Under no circumstances are you permitted to upload this Basic Needs Final Cut file to other websites.
- Permission to modify: You must obtain my permission before modifying my files in order to improve them.
- Permission to convert: Under no circumstances are you permitted to convert this Basic Needs Final Cut file for use in other games.
- Permission to use assets: You must obtain my permission before using any of the assets in this Basic Needs Final Cut file.
- Asset use permission in purchased mods/files: You are not permitted to use assets from this Basic Needs Final Cut file in any mods or files that are sold for a fee on Steam Workshop or other platforms.
- Permission to use assets in mods/files that earn donation points: You cannot earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets.
This author has not provided any additional notes regarding file permissions
This author has not credited anyone else in this file
- This Basic Needs Final Cut mod introduces 5 new cores: Hunger, Thirst, Urination, Equipment Weight, and Exhaustion. Each core can be turned off or tuned to your preferences.
- Hunger is the mod’s least developed mechanic. It decreases at the increments specified in the.ini file. You replenish the core by eating, and if the core reaches zero, you will be penalized – it’s as simple as that. Almost all issues with the core “automatically refilling” or “not filling” should be resolved with the Final Cut!
Hunger is the mod’s least developed mechanic. It decreases at the increments specified in the.ini file. You replenish the core by eating, and if the core reaches zero, you will be penalized – it’s as simple as that. Almost all issues with the core “automatically refilling” or “not filling” should be resolved with the Final Cut!
Thirst is highlighted a little more in this mod. It also decreases at the increments specified in the.ini file. You can rehydrate by drinking from a water source or your canteen. You can also specify whether alcohol dehydrates you or restores your thirst! You can drink from the canteen while walking or even riding a horse in the Final Cut!
When you enter a water source and activate the survival menu by pressing “p” or “R3” on a controller (you must hold it for 180 frames, which is about 3 seconds; the time is configurable in the.ini), three prompts will appear.
-Wash yourself – this is more for roleplaying purposes. It replenishes your outer stamina bar.
-drink water – this causes Arthur to drink water from the source, replenishing his thirst bar.
-refill canteen – fills your canteen; the amount present is indicated by the hud element in the lower left corner. Your canteen replenishes your thirst bar; it can hold up to four uses, with one deducted for each use. NEW! There’s an animation for that now, yay!
Urination functions similarly to the other two cores. You replenish it by, you guessed it, urinating.
To urinate or refill your canteen, you must first activate the survival functions menu. Holding RS on a controller or P on a keyboard accomplishes this. When you do this, two options will appear, both of which are self-explanatory.
NEW! Equipment Weight
The new UI widget in Basic Needs Final Cut shows the load that your equipment is putting on you. It discourages running with two longarms because it reduces stamina, hunger, and thirst. Each weapon category has a unique load, which can be altered in the ini. This also applies to clothing, as long coats tend to impair your dexterity in real life. The new mechanic introduced by the core adds a new layer of preparation to any combat encounter.
Crossed99’s Sleep Deprivation mod was heavily influenced. The core gradually drops, with a boost from the current time of day and stamina-depleting activities. Simply sleep or use the newly added nap system integrated into the rest menu to boost it. When you use the vanilla kneel down feature (while holding E or triangle/Y), a new prompt – Sleep – appears, allowing you to sleep for the desired amount of time. The length of the nap determines how much stamina and exhaustion you will recover. When the core is depleted, Arthur or John will collapse and lose consciousness for a few hours, until he regains his strength.
Extract the Basic Needs Final Cut archive and put needs.asi, needs.ini, needs.dat and scripthook rdr2 into the game folder. Then install LML and drop the stream folder into the lml folder in your directory.
When one of the new cores reaches zero, the player receives one of two penalties. Your normal cores will drain at a faster rate, or you will experience a “poison” effect, with your assistance steadily draining.
Your thirst core drop rate can increase depending on the temperature around you; this can be avoided by wearing a hat.
Final Cut Stuff
In terms of visuals, all of the cores have been revamped, allowing them to actually resamble the other cores. When clicking alt/down dpad or accessing the weapon wheel, the cores can now extend with the size of the radar. New vfx and sfx were added to the cores for when they are completely depleted or refilled.
The icons in Basic Needs Final Cut don’t scale when changing radar size to expanded or compass. I recommend using the static icons in the display settings.
This Basic Needs Final Cut mod wouldn’t be possible without the support of my patreons!
Special thanks to:
Thong Trinh Buu
and everyone else that supports me on my patreon!
For more Red Dead Redemption 2 mods, check out these ones: